So much to say and so little time to say it! That’s how I feel about the majority of my writing endeavors lately, this blog included. More on that later; let’s get these interesting pieces of (mostly good!) site news out of the way first.
• I won an award from the fine voters over at Nathanael Hood’s Forgotten Classics of Yesteryear for my contribution to the ’50s Monster Mash Blogathon. Congratulations to my fellow awardees, and thank you all sincerely, kindly, and from the bottom of my heart for voting for my humble submission. It feels lovely to be recognized by your peers!
• On July 27th Garbo Laughs was officially admitted into the massive, massively-cool Large Association of Movie Blogs (LAMB) as LAMB #1031. Just today, my 20 Million Miles to Earth review was featured on Classic Chops, the LAMB’s round-up of member-submitted posts which are meant to represent the “cream of the crop” in classic film blogging that week. I’m blushing! Infinite thanks go to those who threw my hat in the ring for the honor, the marvelous ladies over at…
• …True Classics, who also just recently bestowed upon me the title of Awesome Classic Blogger in the launch of a new weekly feature on their Facebook page which seeks to highlight writers within the film blogging community. Gals, you are simply too much! All these awards and accolades are gonna go straight to my head!
• Speaking of awards, I’m launching a contest of my very own, albeit a humble one. In celebration of this blog hitting 90 Facebook fans, I have planned a little reward for the 100th person to “Like” Garbo Laughs on Facebook. Whoever ends up as the 100th fan will get the honor of choosing my next film review or Friday Glam Spam subject! Films must either be available from Netflix Instant or appear on this list; Glam Spam subjects can be anyone (of any gender) remotely related to classic film. I know it’s not much, but I’m doing this as a practice run for future contests. Will you be the lucky winner? I hope so!
• Not to end on a sad note, but I must announce yet another little hiatus for this blog – but it’s for a good reason! A week ago today, I was in Tucson, Arizona looking at potential apartments. A week from today, I will be moving with my partner into a lovely little two-bedroom with a washer, dryer, and dishwasher! This is a major improvement from my digs in Los Angeles, which currently consist of a run-down old house that my grandmother used to occupy that we have been fixing up for sale. Dishes are done by hand and laundry is done at my mother’s house; it’s positively Neolithic over here. We’re very excited to be relocating to a new place, but naturally such a fast-paced change means I am busy, busy, busy packing and trying to see all my local friends before I skip town. Then when we get there of course there will be unpacking, job-hunting, and all that nasty business. I don’t know when I’ll be able to resume regular posting and commenting, but I will surely be back to participate in the Hollywood Revue’s Fashion in Film Blogathon on September 24th, as well as the Classic Movie Blog Association’s Guilty Pleasures Movie Blogathon (you know I can’t resist). Who knows, maybe it will take 100 people to draw me out of hiding (hint, hint). See you ’round real soon, kids!