Image Source: Film Noir Photos
Hello all you beautiful people! Hope everyone is having a delightfully ghoulish October 31. This blog has officially been in service for a month now, so I just wanted to check in, make a few notes on its progress and, if I’m lucky, get a little reader feedback.
• The first thing I have to tell you is, I am Gypsy from “Mystery Science Theater 3000” for Halloween and I made my costume myself out of cardboard and duct tape and it has a real light on it and the mouth is fully functional and it is the best thing ever and you are jealous to within an inch of your life right now. Check it:
• Secondly, I don’t know how many of you have noticed, but Garbo Laughs is now on Twitter. You can also become a fan on Facebook, which I would really super appreciate and I promise I won’t spam your feed. You can also follow us via RSS, if that’s how you roll. You are also not obligated to do any of these things, but I promise they are super fun and will make you a better person and might even make you rich and famous somehow!!!!!
• Another thing I don’t know if you’ve noticed (because some people told me they missed it) is all the stuff at the bottom of the page. Did you know there are, like, links down there? Neat links to other blogs and cool things! This is a weird layout and I don’t want people to miss out on my blogroll just because it’s so tucked away.
• Every month I intend to have a theme for my film reviews. As you’ve hopefully noticed, October’s theme has been Horror, and I chose to incorporate this theme into basically every single post I made, including non-review features such as Music Monday, Friday Glam Spam, etc. However, that will not always be the case. Sometimes the theme will only apply to the film reviews, and the other stuff around it will be just sort of random. It depends on how broad the particular theme is, and how much I like it.
• That being said, the theme for next month will be Native Americans, in honor of American Thanksgiving. (I know, hokey, but I gotta start somewhere.)
• I will always have a minimum of four film reviews per month, posted on Wednesdays. This month I had eight reviews, but I’m not going to be that prolific every month. In fact, eight reviews, which is two per week, will probably be the maximum I will seek to accomplish.
• While I enjoyed writing the Music Monday posts I made for October, I think from now on that feature will only happen occasionally, instead of every single week. It will, of course, always happen on Mondays, just not every Monday, is the point. I’m going to fill the void with other random articles and features, like polls and vintage magazine/postcard scans, to keep things a little less predictable.
Hmm. I guess that’s it. I was going to maybe make a poll to get some reader feedback, but I think I’ll do that later. For now, if you have any feedback, questions, or criticisms about this blog, please leave them in the comments section below. What regular feature is your favorite? Your least favorite? Is there a feature you always read, or one you always skip? What about the format of my film reviews works for you, or doesn’t work for you? How can I improve the blog’s navigation and ease of use? I would also appreciate a comment just to let me know you’re reading, unless I know you personally and you’ve already communicated with me in some way to let me know you’re reading. WordPress and Google give me a hint about how many hits my blog gets on a daily basis, but I can’t tell the difference between twenty regular readers, twenty people just strolling through, or one person clicking twenty times. I have been ecstatically happy with the comments I’ve been getting so far, but it’d also be nice to be able to do a little headcount every once in a while to find out who’s with me. Thanks!